Thursday, September 25, 2008

My doctor visit

Well, it's been a while, and as Don explained, part of the problem is our internet connection. We're pretty frustrated. Add to that the priority of the kids using the computers for their homework, and it seems like the only time we can be online is early in the morning. And that just isn't going to work for me.

But really I just haven't been feeling very well, basically since we got here. We arrived exhausted, and that hasn't abated yet. I've put in some 10 and 11 hour nights of sleep, which has helped, but I also keep getting sick, which has slowed me down. Now I've got some respiratory thing, and anything respiratory for me means it settles in and lingers. I usually keep a candy dish of cough drops on my desk at school, since I can't talk without coughing, and talking is a main component of my job.

So yesterday I went to the doctor, and, wow, it was so great and so easy. A doctor from a health clinic here in Suzhou comes to the school every Wednesday. So I showed up, she diagnosed brochitis, handed me a bunch of medications, and I was done. That was it! She spoke English very well (she's from Singapore) and I didn't have to go through the usual rigamarole of trying to get an appointment, leaving work, going to the pharmacy, etc. Now if I could only find cough drops I'd be fine. I'm just afraid they are flavored like pork.

1 comment:

ferskner said...

You act like pork flavored cough drops is a bad thing!