Sunday, September 14, 2008

IKEA Shanghai

We went to IKEA yesterday for some much needed supplies, including a wardrobe for our son, since the landlord apparently doesn't think we need storage for his clothes. It was kind of embarassing how much we bought, compared to the other teachers we went with, but then again, they don't have three kids.

So whether you love IKEA (I do because it reminds me of Sweden), or hate its mass-produced consumer climate, I'm just grateful they are here. Mainly because I could find bathmats without Hello Kitty on them. Thanks, IKEA!



It's a beautiful day in Shanghai!




These are people selling IKEA knockoff products in front of IKEA. It is China after all.




Crowded, but not as bad as other stores I've been to. I plan on getting some good "crowd" pictures tomorrow at a grocery store, since it's a holiday in China.




Enjoy yo meal! (look closely...)




Ahh, finally some meat we can identify!




Swedish crayfish. I haven't had these in years. I was the only one who liked these little guys. I love food that can look back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ikea is stwedish, right? or what is the word in french again? ... [10min later] oh yeah, suédois ! I'm french (yeah right)

ferskner said...

I told this to Emma earlier, but I think it's unfair that you guys move to China and still get to go to IKEA, and I don't have one anywhere near me. Didn't Old Man Ikea want to keep his little American store for Americans!??! I just don't know about this global economy...